Effective Websites is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Effective Websites may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page intermittently to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Purpose and type of data collected
We will collect your personal data for the purposes of providing you with marketing, web-design, sales offers, or industry advice.
The types of personal information or personal data we may collect about you include:
- Your name;
- Your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address, and/or telephone number;
- Information about your company or team;
- Your role within the company or team;
- Your credit card information or details (stored securely with our third party payment service provider);
- Your age and/or date of birth;
- Your demographic information, such as gender or nationality;
- Information you provide to us through surveys;
- Your browser session and geo-location data;
- Statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries, and/or browsing behaviour;
- Information about your access and use of our site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- Additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our site, through being asked to participate in a survey by a business you are connected with, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- Any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. In particular, your information will be used for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- To enable you to access and use our site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- We may use the information to improve our products and services;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes;
- We may contact you by email, phone, or mail;
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests;
- To comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and/or
- Where you apply for employment with us; to consider your employment application.
Information sharing and disclosure
We may disclose personal information to:
- Our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- Our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- Payment systems operators;
- Booking software operators;
- Credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- Courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- Third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you; and/or
- Third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses.
In addition, in the event of a merger, consolidation or reorganization involving TourismTiger, acquisition of TourismTiger by another company, or any other similar transaction, your personal information will, in most instances, be transferred to the control of the third party that is part of that transaction.
Please note that we use the following third parties to process your personal information:
- Google Analytics
- Gravity Forms
- WP Simple Pay Pro
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. If/Once you agree, the file is then added and the cookie helps to analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. These sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the individual website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading, please contact us using the details below (or use the functionality on your member dashboard, if you are a member). We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, or out of date.